Wednesday, May 20, 2009

They finally killed my car


They stole my bike seat.  I bucked up, spent some money and replaced the stolen seat and post.  Then they stole that one.  Naturally,  I bucked up and bought another seat and post.  So, now I carry that fuckin seat around w/ me all over the place.  Kind of a pain in the ass but I am used to it by now.  Anyway, I came home from work tonight and as I am passing my bike, heavily chained to the pipe under the stairs to my building as it was, I notice it no longer has any wheels.  They stole my wheels.  My bike's feet!  I am not sure who "they" are, exactly.  Probably delivery guys who steal seats and feet from bicycles all over Manhattan.  They carry socket wrenches around w/ them in their backpacks full of take-out menus and extra hot sauce.  I give up.  "They" can have it.  I unlocked the frame from its pipe and threw it into the street.  So, now, I have a bike seat w/ post and a very heavy chain and lock.  Two good New York weapons, actually.  Maybe, I'll just walk around w/ my new weapons looking for would-be delivery boy thieves, riding around on bicycles sporting familiar looking feet. You can't own a bike in this city.  I guess I am on foot for now on.  I have to use my own feet like a shlub.

No comments: