Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What was I talking about?


I have always had a great memory.  I memorized whole films.  I remembered phone numbers that I hadn't ever called.  I never studied for tests when I was very young.  In high school and college if I payed attention in the easier classes I didn't need to take notes and I would ace tests. 

Fast forward.  I am 30.  I am not complaining about being old.  I don't feel old.  I mean, my knees hurt a bit but I am a runner.  But in the last year or so I have noticed that I forget everything.  I have a hard time remembering simple shit.  It's bullshit.  I don't even smoke weed.  My short term memory is awful.  I will literally leave the house w/ the intention to run an errand and by the time I hit the street, I have no clue where I am going or why I left the house. 

Eh, what ya gonna do?

No comments: